The purpose of the Prince George’s County Athletic Association Scholarship Program is to recognize the outstanding academic achievement and athletic accomplishments of students in Prince George’s County. The scholarship award will be awarded to one (1) male and one (1) female outstanding senior scholar-athlete attending a MPSSAA member school each sports season. An award in the amount of $500.00 will be given to each student per sports season, in conjunction with our sponsors BSN Sports and Nike.
- Must be nominated by athletic director, coach, teacher or an administrator of the school. Please click here for the nomination form.
- Applicant must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 during the Junior and Senior school year.
- Applicant should be eligible to receive a varsity letter in the year of selection.
- Submit below a 250-500 word essay by the awardee from one of the questions listed below:
How would you integrate and apply your athletic and academic skills and experiences, gained over the past four years, to your future community involvement?
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation in addition to the nomination form latter
Fall-November 12, 2014
Winter – February 18, 2015
Spring – April 16, 2015
Please complete the application below and submit by pressing the SUBMIT button below. One (1) male and one (1) female applicant will be selected and notified via email two (2) weeks after the submission deadline. Scholar-Athlete recipients will be honored at the School Board Awards Night and will be pictured on the Prince George’s County Public Schools athletics website. Winners will contact the athletics office when they have been officially enrolled in an accredited post secondary institution.